RACC Nominations Now Open
By CRA Staff
Are you a CRA who might be interested in joining the RACC, the governing body of the CRA credential? Or do you know a CRA who would be terrific in that position? Now’s the time to submit a nomination!
The RACC has staggered terms, and each year we hold elections to fill the 2 vacancies left by commissioners whose terms are up that year. In 2016, we also have a partial term to fill. When we open the ballot in October, CRAs will elect 2 RACC commissioners to serve from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2019 and one commissioner to serve from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2018. But before that can happen, we need your nominations!
Here is how the process works:
1. The process begins when CRAs who are interested in becoming more involved with their credential, its future, and its impact in the industry are nominated or nominate themselves by filling out the online nomination form here.
2. After that, nominations are reviewed to make sure each nominee meets the basic eligibility requirements dictated by RACC Policy. Nominees must:
- be CRAs in good standing,
- have held the credential for at least 1 year, and
- nominations can only come from CRAs in good standing (a CRA in good standing can submit a self-nomination).
3. When all nominations have been reviewed, we contact each nominee. If they accept their nomination, the nominee is asked to fill out an information form with details about their experience and qualifications to help provide a well-rounded picture for the RACC Nominations Committee (made up of 2 current RACC commissioners and a CRA who is not on the commission) to select candidates for the ballot.
4. The Nominations Committee then reviews the information forms, schedules interviews with the nominees, and ultimately chooses a slate of candidates who they feel would be a great fit for the RACC and the anticipated needs of the CRA program over the upcoming 3 years.
5. Once the Nominations Committee has finished their deliberations and made those hard decisions, the final phase of the RACC elections process begins: the candidates selected by the Nominations Committee are presented to CRAs on the 2016 RACC Ballot and each CRA is asked to cast their vote and help select the next leaders to help steer the CRA credential in the coming years.
But, it all begins with your nominations.
The RACC is accepting nominations through Thursday, September 1, 2016, and CRAs are invited to submit nominations here before that date. You can find out more about the RACC, how it functions, and what your commissioners do through our regular Link articles, by contacting current commissioners, by browsing the minutes from RACC meetings, or by asking us what you want to know on our contact page.
Can I nominate myself?
Yes, definitely! We’re interested in individuals who want to be part of the CRA’s governance and contribute to strengthening the CRA’s future—if that’s you, please don’t hesitate to submit a self-nomination and let us know you’re interested.
I know someone who I think would be great on the RACC, but I don’t know if he or she meets all the criteria?
We review all nominations to make sure the nominee meets the requirements and then contact nominees to see if they wish to accept the nomination, so if you’re not sure, that’s fine, we’ll check.
I’ve been nominated in the past but wasn’t put on the ballot. Should I try again?
Every year there’s a different mix of commissioners on the commission with different strengths and every year there are changing areas of focus for the RACC. A number of commissioners who were elected to the RACC were not on the ballot the first year they were nominated. If you’re still interested in serving on the RACC, please submit a self-nomination or accept the nomination from another CRA!